Monday, November 21, 2011

Review Day: Chosen

I recently finished an ebook titled Chosen, by Paula Bradley.  It's a faith-based, Christian, fiction, Sci-Fi novel that is only 344 pages long.  But it feels like it's way way way way longer.  And I'm not entirely sure if that's a good thing this time.  I have very conflicting feelings about this novel.. so read all the way to the end to get my full opinion.

Go here to read the description on Amazon before reading me review.  No worries.  I'll just sing the waiting song from Jeopardy!

I give this book 2 out of 5 stars.  Amazon customer rating: 3 out of 5 stars.

This novel reels you in with the intriguing mix of religion, Sci-Fi, romance, adrenaline pumping thrills and detailed characters.  I would only reccommend this book if you love ridiculously long novels.

What I expected to be something extremely interesting turned into a crazy, chaotic mess that was hard to follow at times.  The chapters jump from being on Earth to being on Planet X and quickly turns into a Sci-Fi novel.  It has taken me much much longer than normal to get through this novel.  Usually a 344 page books takes me about 3-4 days to read with school and work.  This one took two and a half weeks.  I was not a fan in the beginning of the book and definitely not a fan in the end.  The story had some amazing chapters that ultimately kept me hanging on... it could get better right?  Well... needless to say I'm extremely happy I'm done with this book.


Chosen is sold in ebook and printed paperback.  If you'd like to borrow it and have a Kindle or Kindle App... just ask!  I don't recommend purchasing it unless it is free.  Happy Review Day!

2 comments:

TinyDreamer said...

The concept of this book sounds really cool, but from your review it sounds like it was poorly executed. Personally I don't understand how two planets work in this book (having not read the book itself, just the description) It sounds like (again from reading just the review and description)that Paula Bradley was trying too hard to make this book a religious Sci-Fi and that could be why it ended up not working out so well.

HilyBee said...

I agree :) It wasn't a good match. The parts that didn't involve "the other world" were good but the rest was terrible.