Have a book you would like me to read and review? Here are my *rules* for accepting ebooks for review consideration:
- I must be able to state my own opinion of the book/ebook, whether it is good or bad. Keeping in mind even when I post a bad review I always find something good about the book too. It is very rare that I do not finish a novel or do not like it so much that I can't rate it. If this happens, I do apologize but understand that it is only my honest opinion.
- Once a review is posted, it will not be taken down unless I decide it is absolutely necessary.
- The novel is ebook format, preferably Kindle (.mobi) OR paperback.
- The amount of time you give me to read and review the ebook is negotiable. I am a full time employee first, blogger second. I usually need about two weeks depending on the length of the novel.
- Must be able to communicate easily - email, Twitter, Facebook... - just in case I have any questions
- I reserve the right to turn down a review for any reason(s).
- I schedule books 1.5-2 weeks apart to allow enough reading time and writing time. I start a new book the day after I finish a previous one, please understand this is the shortest time frame I schedule for a review UNLESS it is a short story, or under 180 pages.
- If I get behind and/or need to cut down my work load, reviews are the first to be cut (starting with the reviews scheduled after the current month). I rarely need more time for a book review. Only under extreme or rare circumstances does this occur.
- What genres do you review?
- Anything that catches my eye. Send me a book description. I'm not a huge fan of non-fiction, but on occasion I can't put it down (memoirs).
- Again, anything that catches my attention. I love reading books. Anything from children's through adult fiction applies! Just send me a description and I'll let you know.
- Depends on the length of the book and how busy I am -- typically about 1-1.5 weeks with reading time.
- Yes - I will always post my reviews on Amazon if the book/ebook is listed there. If you prefer another (or more than one) site, please let me know.
- Yes - including book review only tours!!
- I'm open to discussing this - it depends on what you want it for.
What to include when submitting a review request :
- Subject line: Review Request or Book Review Request (something of that sort)
- Your name and/or the authors name (especially if you are asking on behalf of the author)
- Title of the book (seems obvious, but you'd be surprised..)
- The book's blurb, a link to the book on a site, or any other important information. Please don't *fluff* it up by adding in who else has given it high remarks - that won't change my mind.
- A photograph of the book's cover and your author image. I include these in the post if you allow me to.