Monday, November 7, 2011

Review Day: Children's Books Anonymous

Welcome to Children's Books Anonymous everyone!

Do you know what else today is!?!? My one year of owning a Kindle!! yay!!

Ahem. Lets get started!

Step 1: Admit you have a problem.

I.....am addicted to................CHILDREN'S books.  *deep breath*

haha.. Seriously... I am a child at heart. I've always loved books, but had a hard time reading when I was little, because I couldn't find books I liked.  I was very picky.  Not anymore!  haha... Do you remember what your favorite books were from when you were very young?

Oh come on! They're so cute and lovable and funny and silly and adorable and cute... They're so cute I had to say it twice okay!

Well...Here are the most memorable children's books I have read within the last year.
  1. Knuffle Bunny - A cute little story about a baby, Trixie, and her favorite little bunny (Knuffle Bunny). Such a cute heartwarming story that everyone can appreciate.  The pictures are a cross between actual photographs and animated pictures.  This story hits home because we have all lost a toy or something very dear to us at one point in time or had to deal with someone who has.
  2. Knuffle Bunny Too - The sequel to Knuffle Bunny.  Little Trixie has grown up a bit.  She's made a new friend who has a Knuffle Bunny too (get the title now?)! I loved reading another tale of Trixie and her beloved Knuffle Bunny's adventures.
  3. Knuffle Bunny Free - The third and final (so far) tale of the adventures of Trixie and Kunffle Bunny. Trixie goes to visit her grandparents.  Gorgeous pictures again! Such a sweet and happy story!
  4. Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus - Pigeon wants to drive the bus.  He doesn't care if he's not allowed.  He must drive the bus! This is such a silly tale about a pigeon who just wants to drive a giant bus.   The hand-drawn pictures are absolutely hilarious and made me tear up from laughing so hard.  Must have for book for every child!
  5. Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog - The Pigeon finds a hot dog! Oh how lucky he feels! Until a little ducky comes along, Pigeon can't wait to eat his hot dog.  But the ducky wants to eat it too!  Between the pictures and the hilarity of a pigeon and duckling fighting over a hot dog, this is another must have children's book!
  6. Noisy Nora - My all time favorite book.  An adorable little tale about a middle child mouse (I obviously related to this story...note sarcasm) who wanted attention from her parents.  Hush said her Father, Quiet said her Mum... NORA! said her Sister... Why are you so dumb!? Best. Lines. Ever.
  7. Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse - A cute little tale about a little mouse named Lilly who loves her new purple plastic purse (say that ten times fast! I dare you!).  A bit of a tongue twister but such a cute book.  Love the pictures!
What children's books do you love (or love when you were a child)? Are you a children's book-aholic too (I have openings available)? Did I make you miss being a child or reading these books?  Happy Children's Book Reading!

    No comments: