Friday, December 21, 2012

The BEST holiday books EVER!

This year, I will take a break from blogging to allow myself and you time to spend with our friends and family.  I love this time of year - so full of yummy food, amazing decorations, cheerful music, chilly weather, cozy clothing and so much fun!  This will be my last post until December 26.  Happy Holidays from my little family to yours. <3

During your breaks, take some time for yourself and relax with a great holiday classic.  Here are my top four favorites that I re-read and watch the movies of each year.  They will fill your hearts with warmth, happiness, laughter and holiday cheer.  If you don't celebrate any holidays...these are still fun to read!

Here are some classic books for the holidays that have even been made into movies.  Enjoy these with your friends and family this season.


"Cruel miser Ebeneezer Scrooge has never met a shilling he doesn’t like...and hardly a man he does. And he hates Christmas most of all. When Scrooge is visited by his old partner, Jacob Marley, and the ghosts of Christmas Past, Christmas Present, and Christmas Yet to Come, he learns eternal lessons of charity, kindness, and goodwill. Experience a true Victorian Christmas"  Made into tons of different movies, my favorite is the Mickey Mouse version (yeah..yeah...not the most "realistic" version but hey! it's cute!).



"Looking quite out of place and very disturbing in his makeshift Santa get-up, the Grinch slithers down chimneys with empty bags and stealing the Whos' presents, their food, even the logs from their humble Who-fires. He takes the ramshackle sleigh to Mt. Crumpit to dump it and waits to hear the sobs of the Whos when they wake up and discover the trappings of Christmas have disappeared. Imagine the Whos' dismay when they discover the evil-doings of Grinch in his anti-Santa guise. But what is that sound? It's not sobbing, but singing! Children simultaneously adore and fear this triumphant, twisted Seussian testimonial to the undaunted cheerfulness of the Whos, the transcendent nature of joy, and of course, the growth potential of a heart that's two sizes too small. This holiday classic is perfect for reading aloud to your favorite little Whos. "  Another classic book turned into a very iconic Christmas movie - this book has been a favorite of mine since I was little.



My favorite of all the holiday classics by far.  This iconic, award winning novel has been cherished by so many since it was released in 1985.  My favorite memory of Christmas in elementary school involves this book.  The librarians would read this book to our class during "library time" and when we would come back, a little bell with a red ribbon would be in each person's desk.  I was always so positive my bell was the one from the book.  It always had the same ring that the audio recording did.  I still have all 2 of those bells in a little velvet bag.  Now that the movie is out, I watch it every single year and remember how much I still love the book.



"Called one of America's favorite Christmas stories, and now a classic television movie, "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" has been a favorite of young readers the world over since 1972. Funny, memorable, and outrageous, it is the story of a family of incorrigible children who discover the Christmas story for the first time and help everyone else rediscover its true meaning."  I love this one!  It makes me laugh every time I read it, and it has such a great message too.

Click Here to read more of the popular holiday books on Goodreads - more than just Children's novels too!  Happy Holidays!!

No comments: