Tuesday, February 26, 2013

ANSA: HilyBee!

Hey guys!  I did a poll on Twitter and Facebook recently asking who you would like to see featured on ANSA.  Well, an overwhelming number of people said me.. for some crazy reason I can't explain.  After debating if I even wanted to write all about myself... I decided it might be fun.  With that said, I am not a cocky, ego driven person who likes talking about herself all the time, so this is very uhm... weird. heh.  But... here goes nothing right?!

HilyBee is my online user name, my real name is Hilary.  "HilyBee" is the nickname I was given in real life by my boyfriend and best friend Zach.  Yes, I like bumblebees, but only the non-stinging kind.  You know, the cute little cartoons that are stinger-less and not going to come after me.

Cazic and Sera - Best Friends!
I work for a shoe company called Tradehome Shoes full time as the assistant manager.  I currently live in Kentucky with Zach and my cat Sera (short for Serendipity).  We did have a dachshund named Cazic (Kaz-ik) but he recently passed away from an immune disease called IMT.  It's a nasty genetic disease that I hope that you/your animals never have to ever go through.  We now have a mini dachshund named Yosuke (Yos-Kay).  I lived in Ohio for the first 18 years of my life, then moved to Kentucky for college and just haven't left.

I have two degrees from Sullivan University in Kentucky.  My first degree is in Baking and Pastry Arts - yes that means exactly what you think.  I am a Pastry Chef in disguise.  My second degree is a B.S. in business management and administration.  I completed both degrees in early 2012.  I absolutely loved going to college at a private, small classroom University.  It really made a huge difference in my learning.

Me in my Chef uniform
"eating" brownie burbon balls
In Sept. of 2011, I began writing Novel d'Tales just for fun.  I absolutely love books, reading and my Kindle.  This blog has taught me so much it's ridiculous.  I have met some of my dearest friends through this blog and read some of the most incredible books.  If you are considering blogging, even if it is just a daily journal blog, I say give it a try.  I never would have started this blog if it weren't for Zach and Sidney.  They have both supported my blogging in many ways.

No, I won't tell you my favorite book genres.  I have too many favorite authors to count or even begin listing.  I've enjoyed writing papers since I was in third grade, and have loved reading since I knew how to.  I am considered a "book blogger" but I call myself an ebook blogger.  I don't necessarily have a major inspiration for writing.. I just write whatever comes to my mind or for certain events.  This blog is not published, but I hope it can be some day!

I started out as a library paige when I was only 15 years old.  I continued working for the public library until I was 18.  I then left for college and picked up a job as a student worker in the library at Sullivan.  I held that job for 3 years, also working as a teacher's assistant for a while.  After I graduated with my first degree, I worked as a pastry chef for a while.  Once I realized I couldn't make enough money for the hours I was required to work, I changed to retail and working for Tradehome Shoes.  I absolutely love my job now and wouldn't trade it for anything.  See?! I told you guys I loved libraries!!

Now for all the weird fun facts that I bet most of you don't know.  This could take a while...  I've played the cello for over 10 years.  I have two sisters, one older and one younger - I'm an Oreo child, heh. stuck in the middle!  If you were to ever visit my apartment, you would think a child lives here.  I have more stuffed animals, gaming posters and fuzzy pillows or blankets hanging around than I did when I was a child.  Oh yeah, I love playing video games (Skylanders and Professor Layton are my favorites).  I'm a total geek at heart.

Just being me. :)
If I could only live in one place for the rest of my life, I would choose a library.  Absolutely any library in the world.  My favorite animal is the elephant.  My favorites colors are yellow, orange and red.  I'm a published poet and co-author.  My stuff can be found in various small libraries and the library of congress.

My birthday is November 7.. making me 23 years old.  I live a busy but quiet life and love every second of it.  I have a huge extended family that I can trace all the way back to my original "roots" - in Lebanon and Germany.  I absolutely love ice cream, cookies, candies, breakfast foods and anything sweet.  Seriously, I think my whole mouth is full of "sweet tooth" teeth.  This is the most information I have ever shared about myself online at one time.  Weird.  I have friends all over the world, including in tiny little countries that most people haven't even heard of.  Je parle un peu de Francais.

I think that's enough right? heh.  Leave me a question in the comments if I forgot something.  This was not as hard as I thought it would be.  I hope everyone enjoys learning a little bit more about the creator and writer of Novel d'Tales.  Happy Reading!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WOOP! BEST ANSA EVER!!! :)

It was great reading and learning a bit more about you, Hil. I knew you were involved in the culinary arts but not to that extent, your achievements are majorly impressive!

Steph xx

HilyBee said...

Thanks!! :D I've worked really hard to get where I am today.

Tribute Books said...

Hilary, I never knew you're a pastry chef. Awesome! Love the cute pic :)

HilyBee said...

Crazy, right? I love to learn - why not bake!? :)